Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2011
|PUBLICATION||DATE OF REVIEW||SCORE||REVIEW LINK|
|19 May 2013||9.0||
|18 Nov 2012||2.0||Read the review|
Specifically geared towards patient-care, this instant-access guide provides registered nurses with essential, up-to-the-minute information on the selection and administration of 1,000 commonly used medications. This nursing classic is revised annually to reflect approval of new drugs, changes in usage of current drugs, and withdrawal of older ones.
* Organized alphabetically by generic drug name
* Mechanisms of action
* Common usage and dosage
* Side effects
* Drug Interactions
* Nursing implications
* New drugs
* Patient education
* Expanded coverage of medical herbs
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This very useful drug reference will easily fit in your lab coat pocket. The information is accurate and up to date. Due to size constraints, only the most frequently used medications are included in this book. This book retains its value by being revised yearly and maintaining a database of the most current information."--Doody's Review Service
Judith Barberio PhD, RN, APN, C, ANP, GNP, FNP, SNC is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Rutgers University School of Nursing. In addition to being the author of the annual Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide, she has conducted research on chronic illness, primary health care in urban settings, pharmacology and pain control, and health policy. She is also President of the Rutgers University School of Nursing Alumni Association.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
To add a Qi badge for Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2011 to your site:
- Copy the HTML code snippet and paste it into your site.
- The badge will automatically display on your web page with the Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2011 Android app's current Qualityindex rating.