ViewRanger GPS - Trails & Maps
|PUBLICATION||DATE OF REVIEW||SCORE||REVIEW LINK|
|14 Dec 2012||9.6||Read the review|
|27 May 2017||8.4||
Used and trusted by over 200 search and rescue teams.
DOWNLOAD TOPO MAPS
• Purchase the USA topo map for $19.99 and the Canada topo map for just $5.
• Global street and terrain mapping from OpenStreetMap® and OpenCycleMap
• Ski piste map, Transport map, Aerial Imagery.
Additional premium topographic maps are also available for Europe and New Zealand.
DISCOVER INSPIRING TRAIL GUIDES
• Create and follow your own routes or download routes from our massive library of expert- and community-generated walks and rides.
• Routes are published on ViewRanger by guide book publishers, outdoor brands, tourism agencies, and users like you!
• The app has an active route navigation system which uses your phone’s GPS.
• Bearing, distance and estimated time to next waypoint and to end of route, grid references in several formats, spot altitude, altitude gain / loss and navigate to points of interest.
WORKS WITHOUT CELL COVERAGE
• The app uses your cellphone’s GPS, and does not need data or cell coverage to locate you on a map, record your track, or follow a route. Maps are stored on your phone so they work offline.
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURE
• Record your track, see your track live on the map as you advance and share the completed track with friends.
• Add photos to your track along the way from Flickr and Instagram.
• View track stats such as distance, speed, altitude and many more.
SHARE YOUR LOCATION
• BuddyBeacon™ is a uniquePIN-protected real-time location sharing and tracking system which allows you to share your location with friends and family.
GO LONGER WITH POWER SAVE MODE
• ViewRanger lasts even longer in power save mode, letting you spend more time out on the trail.
ACCESS VIEWRANGER ON PC & MAC
• View your maps and plot routes in advance on PC or Mac using the route-plotting tools on my.viewranger.com, then synchronize these routes to your phone.
SYNCHRONIZE YOUR DEVICES
• If you want to view your maps, routes and tracks using ViewRanger on another device, or you’ve lost your phone, just log into a new device using your ViewRanger account details and synchronize the app.
• Navigate your trail and view track stats on your wrist with Android Wear™ enabled smartwatches.
• Record a new track and pause or stop an existing track recording.
• View Heading, Bearing, Lat/Long and Altitude data.
Enhance your experience with premium features:
PREMIUM OFFLINE TOPO MAPS
• Purchase the USA topo map for $19.99 and the Canada topo map for just $5, in a range of zoomable layers and easily saved for use offline.
• Premium topographic maps are also available for Europe and New Zealand.
Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and updates:
Need more info? visit: http://www.viewranger.com
Support page: http://www.viewranger.com/en-us/support
Any questions or feedback, please drop us an email: email@example.com
Free Global maps © OpenStreetMap contributors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some features such as BuddyBeacon, viewing online maps, browsing route suggestions, downloading maps and routes requires an internet connection.
To add a Qi badge for ViewRanger GPS - Trails & Maps to your site:
- Copy the HTML code snippet and paste it into your site.
- The badge will automatically display on your web page with the ViewRanger GPS - Trails & Maps Android app's current Qualityindex rating.