Acast - Podcast Player
|PUBLICATION||DATE OF REVIEW||SCORE||REVIEW LINK|
|24 Mar 2019||7.3||
|07 Apr 2015||6.0||Read the review|
Acast is the mobile hub for your audio on demand experience. Listen to podcasts and audio shows you care about whenever and wherever you want.
Acast is home to the most engaging, fascinating stories told in audio on sports, news, comedy, business, culture, education and many more.
Follow and stream your favorite podcasts such as Serial, WTF with Marc Maron, Call Your Girlfriend, Another Round, Scroobius Pip, and The Naked Scientists or download episodes for on-the-go listening.
Acast features podcasts from media houses like The Financial Times, BuzzFeed, BBC, The Economist, The Guardian, NPR, WNYC, This American Life, and Fusion to name a few.
Acast’s curated Discovery page highlights new shows to love. Our content teams will feed you with fresh, exciting podcasts in rotating lists such as “Hack the Gibson!” our tech list, and “Girls to the Front” our women-hosted list.
- Discover new podcasts through curated lists
- Search directly for shows, hosts or episodes
- A feed that regularly updates with shows that you follow
- Browse podcasts & audio by category
- Continue listening where you left off
- Stream podcasts using your WiFi or data
- Save shows for later and listen when you don’t have reception
- Play, pause and skip episodes from the lock screen
- Login with Facebook and share with your friends and family
- Share your favorite moments on Twitter with an embeddable player or text it through your messenger app
- Experience images, links and videos embedded in the audio
How to get you started
Dive straight in with Discovery and start exploring. Try Trending to see what’s popular right now. Find podcasts by Category or try out some of the curated lists from our content teams. The Search page lets you find your favorite shows, hosts or episodes. Follow their channels and stream the new episodes they post from your Feed. Save episodes for offline listenings or continue where you left off last time.
Where Acast got mentioned
“Acast’s free-to-use platform and app lets users browse or recommend podcasts and, like on Spotify, introduces them to new relevant shows and lets them share shows across a social network.” - FastCompany
”100 hottest European Startups” - WIRED
“5 / 5” - The Sun
”Best in Test” (Podcast-App) - Macworld
”Super startup 2015” - Veckans Affärer
”Start up of the year 2014” - IDG
”Most innovative media service” - Mobilgalan
Heard something that is worth sharing? Get in touch and share your favorite moments with us:
Problems or feedback
Help us make Acast better by reaching out to us:
We will only ask for permissions we need for the app to provide you with the best experience possible. Your privacy is important to us.
We're now offering a “Show Pass” to certain shows that’ll give you exclusive access to premium content. These subscriptions will renew once a month until you cancel them. You will only access the premium content as long as you're subscribing. A Show Pass starts at $1.99 / month.
The purchase will be charged from your Google Play account if you choose to buy a subscription. You can manage your subscription in the Google Play Store after the purchase. You will also be able to cancel the auto-renewing subscription from there. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought to the same price. It's not possible to abort the subscription during the time it's active.
Terms of Service: http://www.acast.com/terms
To add a Qi badge for Acast - Podcast Player to your site:
- Copy the HTML code snippet and paste it into your site.
- The badge will automatically display on your web page with the Acast - Podcast Player Android app's current Qualityindex rating.